Thursday, June 4, 2015

Hello World

In an attempt to consolidate my writing and thoughts into one place for professional activity, I'm returning to the milieu of a weblog.

I first was introduced to the concept of a weblog by a television show. You might not remember it: Doogie Howser, MD. ( http://www.hulu.com/watch/105 ) If you don't want to sit through the entire episode, at -01:24 there's the moralitas. The Moral of the story is written by Doogie in each episode. The contrite, September 22, 1989 lesson from the sixteen year old Doctor who had just passed his driving test at the beginning of the episode (albeit with a brief interruption to reset a dislocated hip to prevent loss of the victim's leg and establish the character of the boy genius) was, "Kissed my first girl. Lost my first patient. Life will never be the same again..."

I didn't remember that specific moral of that specific story. I looked it up. But, my take away is that recording one's thoughts are beneficial for oneself in moments of reflection. They're also beneficial at times for others.

So, in this blog I hope to record my personal thoughts during my professional musings, hopefully avoiding wining, pontificating, and "the poetic truths of high school journal keepers."

No comments:

Post a Comment